By Kolawole Beyioku
I’m confused as to what to think regarding the missing 234 Chibok girls. I have been pondering over this kidnap situation and something doesn’t add up hence these questions. The students are said to be SSS3 students writing physics examination.
Here are some questions we should find answers to before we all drown in the emotional wave and noise of the public outcry that has greeted the abductions of the girls from the safety of their dormitory.
1. Why are their names not yet published by the school, state government and WAEC?
2. Why are their pictures not over the news media?
3. How come all 235 students are in SSS3 and all came to write physics examination when the total number of students in the whole school is around 1200?
4. It was announced that the Borno State government gave one million naira each to parents of the missing girls. If that’s true. Why was these money given to these parents? Was it as compensation for the kidnap or compensation for their deaths?
5. On Tuesday 29th April 2014, the Senator from Borno said in the Senate that the girls had been taken out of the country to Chad, Niger and Cameroon and married off to their abductors. How come these senators know so much? Who are their informants?
6. Why is the wife of the state governor organizing women to pressure FG in Abuja after the National Security Council has ordered the armed forces to use all state resources to secure the release of the adopted Girls?
7. I just wonder how over 200 girls can be kidnapped at once. How come we haven’t seen those girls whom they said have escaped on TV?
8. If the SSS3 students are not up to 120 in a school of 1200, how is it possible 234 girls are missing?
9. Where are the school authorities?
10. Why haven’t we seen any of them on TV.
I need objective answers please. Its time all Nigerians start asking questions than drawing conclusions.
You can find Kolawole Beyioku on Facebook as “Kolawole Omo-ibadan.”